28 May 2009

Damson Jelly Muffins

I made muffins yesterday with E, they're delicious - although mine didn't look quite as muffin like as I'd hoped but they tasted good - more baking powder next time maybe - I'm no Delia! here's the recipe I used...



  • 220 g plain flour
  • 100 g sugar
  • baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 160 ml milk
  • 75 g butter or margarine, melted
  • Jam (your choice I used damson jelly that my mother made last autumn)

    Its very basic! Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl and beat up the eggs, milk and butter in another and then combine the two. Spoon half of the mixture in first and then add a little jam (or a lot if you love jam) Spoon over the rest of the mixture to cover up the jam. Bake at gas mark 6 until they're nicely browned, around 20 minutes - I usually check them once I can smell them.
The jam is boiling hot when it comes out so be careful of little mouths.