20 June 2009

Garden Update

We're definitely making good progress now, I chose this photo as it really captures what's going on in the garden at the moment - there's a lot of activity and dust! This is W cutting the sandstone for the new patio but you can just see the veg garden in the background and some amazing perrenials (a geranium and a michelmas daisy) which were 2" high only a few months ago, they now seem to be battling it out, they've drowned a beautiful euphorbia (pictured below) and the wildflower seed mix I scattered on the seemingly baron bare earth was obviously a waste of time - I must try and remember that next spring.

We're pretty much ready to start harvesting some cabbages now so I imagine I'll be spending quite a few evenings looking for interesting cabbage based recipes, if you have any let me know.